QuickHMI Change log
Version 10.4.1 (05.05.2023)
- Autosave. In the editor, or also project-specific, an automatic save can now be configured at a fixed interval. >> Documentation
- OnVariablesInitialized-Event. >> Documentation
- Extension of the functionality of the console RuntimeManager.
- Option to use the server or source TS when logging OPC data sources externally. >> Documentation
- Error when executing "non-SELECT" database queries like INSERTs, UPDATEs or DELETEs.
- The DatabaseTable control now keeps the scroll position as well as the selected page when the underlying data changes.
- Various small bug fixes.
Version 10.3.1 (22.02.2023)
- Data sources can now be duplicated. This also includes all associated variables.
- When editing rules and actions the respective control name as well as the name of the property or the name of the event is now displayed in the title.
- OPC: Error when establishing connection: Bad_InvalidTimestamp
- Error during connection reestablishment with Siemes Logo data sources.
Version 10.2.3 (08.02.2023)
- Table view of the data sources extended with further information.
- Error when writing Modbus holding registers with function code 22.
- Incorrect display of the connection test result when creating and editing database connections.
- Login button of the visualisation without function.
- Problem with the WriteBack function of the external database logging for Modbus.
- Views were no longer focused correctly after a reset of the view (button in the status bar).
- Error when starting the standalone viewer under Windows.
Version 10.2.2 (internal)
Version 10.2.1 (24.01.2023)
- Client IP as a system variable
- In the editor, some Modbus data types were incorrectly displayed as "Read-Only".
- Showing and hiding a chart caused the loading bar to be permanently displayed.
- Error when writing Modbus variables using function code 22.
- Error in displaying transparent colour values at runtime.
- Error in external logging for multiple Modbus data sources with different slave IDs on the same COM port.
- Error writing back values from an external database logger to the data source. (QHMI_DATAWRITEBACK)
Version 10.1.3 (07.12.2022)
- Error during connection test and browsing of some OPC UA data sources.
- Error when connecting to Modbus RTU and ASCII devices.
- Error when saving changes to data sources in the console RuntimeManager.
- Error when starting the runtime on some Linux distributions.
Version 10.1.2 (22.11.2022)
- Error when opening projects with user-defined rights.
- Error when connecting to Modbus data sources in 16bit register mode.
- Error when starting the QuickHMI Viewer from the editor.
Version 10.1.1 (15.11.2022)
- Recipe management
The QuickHMI recipe management has been completely revised and now offers more possibilities in workflow, security and the organisation of user rights.
- External logging for internal data sources and differentiation of log and image
From now on, internal data sources can also be logged externally. Until QuickHMI Gazelle, this was only possible with external data sources. External logging can be configured for the system as well as for the internal data source by double-clicking on the list entry. Another new feature is that the data log and the data image can now be generated separately for external logging. Previously, this distinction did not exist and the log was always generated automatically. Now, optionally, only one of the two can be generated. If the data log is not needed anyway, memory resources can be saved. In addition, a selection can be made via selection lists to determine which variables are to be logged for external logging and which are not.
- Alarm control element
From QuickHMI Hawk onwards, there is the alarm control element. This new feature was developed primarily at the request of our customers. The alarm control can be placed in the editor at the desired position and functions as a table in which alarms are clearly displayed during runtime. Alarms can be filtered and displayed in different ways and individual colour highlighting is possible. For example, a specific colour can be defined for active alarms and one for inactive alarms. In addition, it is possible to determine how many variables are displayed per table page and a search field can be integrated into the table.
- MQTT Secured connection (SSL)
MQTT connections can be secured with TLS from QuickHMI Hawk. This was also a frequently requested feature from our customers, which we can now offer you. If the connection is encrypted, authentication can be realised via login or with a certificate stored by the user. It is important to note that different certificates must be provided for the Editor runtime and the Runtime Manager runtime.
- HTTP header for the web service data source
When creating web service data sources, there is now a section called "Headers". Here you can define HTTP headers by specifying a header name and a header value. You can create your own headers as well as select from a variety of predefined standards. A special feature is the Authorisation Header. The content of the Authorisation Header, when using Basic Authentication, can be generated automatically by entering the user name and password.
- Rights query for actions and rules
User and rights management has always been an integral and important part of the QuickHMI system. Actions can be linked to rights, for example. An event can consist of several actions that can only be executed if a certain right is assigned to the executing user (When applying rights assignment).From QuickHMI Hawk onwards, it is now also possible to protect ONLY ONE of the assigned actions by a right within an event, whereas the other actions remain available for all users. This is realised under "Conditions" within the action settings via the new variable "System.user.rights". Linked to this is a selection of rights that can be assigned to the user for a corresponding action within an event. Multiple selection is possible. The same applies to rules.
- New system variables for alarms
In QuickHMI you have the option of displaying all system variables via a checkbox. Previously there was only the variable "active_alarm_count". This shows how many alarms are generally active. However, there is no subdivision of the alarm types. This is different from version Hawk onwards, because there are also 3 new system variables in which the number of alarms is broken down by type:active_message_alarm_count | active_warning_alarm_count | active_error_alarm_countThese show in detail how many message alarms, how many warning alarms and how many error alarms are active.
- Extended support for Allen-Bradley controllers
QuickHMI now supports additional Allen-Bradley controllers. These include controllers from the Micro800 and MicroLogix series. The latest generation of controllers from the Compact and ControlLogix series are also now supported. Support for Plc5, Slc500 and LogixPccc is implemented on an experimental basis.
- Various internal stability and speed improvements
Version 9.7.3 (07.12.2022)
- Error during connection test and browsing of some OPC UA data sources.
- Error when starting the runtime on some Linux distributions.
Version 9.7.2 (17.11.2022)
- The data retention period set for charts was not always adhered to.
- The use of constants (as opposed to variables) caused problems when used in charts.
- The input fields of the Width and Height properties sometimes lost focus during input.
- Under certain circumstances, not all email templates were displayed.
- Problems when starting/stopping the server with the RuntimeManager with an existing VPN connection.
Version 9.7.1 (04.07.2022)
- New actions for text boxes: OnFocusLost and OnFocusReceived
- Error when using certain min/max values for text boxes.
- Error when saving the "Length" property for the line control.
- When restarting/shutting down the operating system, the server was not always shut down properly.
Version 9.6.8 (18.05.2022)
- OnEnterPressed action was not always executed when using the native Android keyboard.
- Numeric on-screen keyboard extended by Enter key.
- Error when loading the visualisation on systems with Chinese language setting.
Version 9.6.7 (22.04.2022)
- Pinch zoom on touch devices
- Placeholder in database queries
- Horizontal scrolling of headers and footers
Version 9.6.6 (04.04.2022)
- Button to show and hide the header and footer at runtime.
- Behavior of numeric text boxes with min/max setting, format, as well as OnTextChange action.
Version 9.6.5 (04.03.2022)
- Maximum length for variable names increased from 100 to 256.
- Editing of chart configurations could not be aborted.
- Bug that prevented loading some projects with chart configurations.
Version 9.6.4 (17.02.2022)
- Due to an OPC UA license error the search for nodes in the editor as well as the connection test was not possible.
Version 9.6.3 (15.02.2022)
- Error where not all data was displayed in historical charts.
Version 9.6.2 (04.02.2022)
- After closing a project the file menu was disabled.
- Error when writing MQTT variables.
- Ports set in the project were not imported correctly in the RuntimeManager under certain circumstances.
Version 9.6.1 (28.01.2022)
- Windows 11 support
- Display of SVG controls in the Toolbox was updated only when a project was reloaded.
- Error in displaying charts when there are chart configurations whose assigned variables have been deleted.
- Some OPC servers did not display all nodes when browsing from QuickHMI.
Version 9.5.4 (14.01.2022)
- Selection behavior changed when importing OPC variables.
- In the text view of the variable list the pipe symbol (|) can now be escaped with a backslash (\) if a pipe symbol is to be used in address or name.
- When using the on-screen keyboard, closing the on-screen keyboard triggered the OnEnterPressed event.
Version 9.5.3 (07.01.2022)
- During the OPC import you can choose the format for naming the variables
- Incorrect display of the SelectorSwitch when changing the font size
- Error message when importing projects in some Java runtime environments.
Version 9.5.2 (22.12.2021)
- Error updating the runtime when importing a new project.
- Error in the display of texts that were shifted or truncated at runtime.
Version 9.4.2 (14.12.2021)
- Critical vulnerability in Java library log4j
Version 9.4.1 (24.11.2021)
- The size of the on-screen keyboard can now be adjusted to be usable on smaller touch devices.
- Errors in the processing of nested conditions when internal variables were used.
- When deleting variables, references to deleted variables sometimes remained, which caused errors at runtime.
- Error in the display of the rule window when too many rules were used.
- MQTT: Topics with dashes were not accepted.
- Bug in slider control caused font sizes of other elements to be displayed incorrectly.
- KNX: Variables of type INT were sent internally to the controller as floating point numbers. As of version 9.4.1, these are now correctly transmitted as integers.
- In the RuntimeManager, the set recipe order was not saved under certain circumstances.
Version 9.3.3 (29.09.2021)
- Error in RuntimeManager that caused recipes not to be displayed.
- Error in the editor when creating a web service data source if a URL with parameters was used.
Version 9.3.1 (14.09.2021)
- Option to disable zooming and panning in runtime.
- Language switching of the recipe management.
- Editing of Modbus RTU devices in Runtime Manager.
- Setting of initial zoom level and Java heap memory were not applied.
- Icons of charts and database queries were mixed up.
Version 9.2.3 (19.07.2021)
- OPC UA values froze if no variable changes have been received for a longer period of time.
- Charts were not displayed correctly in ChartManager.
- Merged Modbus data sources could not be disabled or enabled individually.
Version 9.2.2 (13.07.2021)
- When importing a project in the RuntimeManager, all user data was previously overwritten after confirmation of the user. From now on, the RuntimeManager will automatically merge the user data from the exported project and running Runtime.
- Error when opening some Falcon projects in Gazelle.
- Bug with updating Project Explorer when creating, editing and deleting internal variables.
- Error reading Modbus variables with multiple slaves on one COM port.
- Error when trying to import variables from OPC datasource.
Version 9.2.1 (05.07.2021)
- Web service data source: placeholders for URLs and parameters.
- Error in the connection to OPC UA data sources which led to the message "BadIdentityTokenInvalid".
- Handling of multiple Modbus data sources on the same COM port.
- Modbus RTU data sources could not be edited in the RuntimeManager.
- Duplication of chart configurations was not possible.
Version 9.1.5 (19.05.2021)
- Error saving variables of a web service data source in the variables text view.
- Properties of SVG controls were not always displayed in the selection field of the rule and action windows.
Version 9.1.4 (18.05.2021)
- Incorrect zoom level of pages at runtime.
- Errors when copying and pasting controls with conditional actions or rules.
Version 8.8.6 (11.05.2021)
- Bug in Desktop Viewer which caused that the viewer could only be started as admin.
Version 9.1.3 (11.05.2021)
- Confirmation by the user when deleting variables and data sources.
- Logo in update window in dark theme in wrong color.
- German translation of some tooltips.
- ColorPicker did not allow the selection of the color "#FFFFFF".
Version 9.1.2 (06.05.2021)
- Problem with license activation.
You will be prompted to activate your license again the next time you start the editor.
- Problem opening Falcon projects.
Version 9.1.1 (04.05.2021)
- Corporate design The appearance of the runtime can now be customized to your specific requirements (colors, logos, texts) to match your corporate design. Documentation
- Email functionality QuickHMI now allows you to send automatically generated e-mails when, for example, variable values change, alarms change their status, or controls are interacted with. Documentation
- Database queries Entire table contents can now be displayed in QuickHMI by using user-definable SQL queries. Documentation
- Web service data source A new data source type "Webservice" allows you to receive data from or send data to a web server. Documentation
- New user interface design With the latest version of QuickHMI, there is a new more modern interface design. In addition, we have reacted to the high demand of our customers and integrated an eye-friendly dark mode.
- New rule and action assignment The rule and action assignments have been revised and now allow faster selection of target objects (variables, properties, etc.). Also the new input form paves the way for the direct input of PLC addresses into the assignment windows without the necessity to have created a variable before. Documentation
- Status variables Status variables that are automatically created for each data source provide insight into the current status of the data source. Documentation
Version 8.8.4 (17.03.2021)
- Conditions that check against an empty string.
- With the user logged in, the status bar of the viewer remained red after a reconnect.
Version 8.8.3 (09.03.2021)
- OPC UA high CPU usage after reconnect.
Version 8.8.2 (05.03.2021)
- OPC UA library unnecessarily required JRE 12. Now back top JRE 1.8.
Version 8.8.1 (04.03.2021)
- CSV export of the alarm view at runtime.
- OPC UA data source did not always reconnect correctly after a connection loss.
Version 8.7.5 (04.02.2021)
- TwinCAT strings were read and written in reversed character order in some cases.
- Desktop Viewer could not be started under Windows with the specified start parameters.
Version 8.7.4 (27.11.2020)
- Alarm notifications on multiple Android devices.
Version 8.7.3 (26.11.2020)
- Possibility, to ignore the warning message when using a not officially supported browser. >> Bypass browser warning message
- Connection problems to TwinCAT controllers at runtime.
Version 8.7.2 (18.11.2020)
- If there are several slaves on one bus, the failure of one slave no longer causes error messages on all slaves.
- S7: Error message "BAD_WRITE_ERROR undefined: -125" when writing S7-Strings.
Version 8.7.1 (23.10.2020)
- Adjustable time between requests (query pause) to a Modbus RTU data source.
- Automatic reconnection of the OPC UA data source on timeout.
- OPC UA query interval was transmitted incorrectly.
- Right click action did not work in all browsers.
- When editing default values for properties of SVG controls, they were not automatically displayed in the preview.
- Runtime error messages triggered by extensions.
Version 8.6.9 (25.09.2020)
- Problem with SVG with multiple actions.
- Problems with reaching the maximum size of a chart database (values were set to 0).
Version 8.6.8 (21.09.2020)
- Display problem with the "Sensor" control element.
- Tooltip was not or incorrectly displayed for several controls.
- The Console RuntimeManager displayed a wrong version number.
- Property "PositionX" could not be changed at runtime.
- Error when setting color values from scripts.
- Errors with scripts that have the same name as a page in the project.
Version 8.6.6 (15.07.2020)
- minor bug fixes
Version 8.6.5 (13.07.2020)
- "Check" Button in SVG definition window removed. From now on, the validity of the input will be checked automatically with every change. >> SVG controls
- Changing the “width” and “height” properties via the property manager did not always work.
- Chart shows some values as "NaN".
- Display error with SVGs using links within a SVG.
- OPC UA structure members can now be imported.
- OPC UA read interval can now be adjusted.
- OPC UA UnknownHost Exception bypassed if DNS resolution of hostname is missing.
- Error when deleting scripts which caused problems with the order of the scripts.
- Error when starting/stopping the server under Linux using the console.
Version 8.6.4 (12.06.2020)
- Error when installing dependencies (Visual C++ redistributable).
- Click event was not always triggered on touch devices.
- Error message "Server startup takes longer than expected" was displayed misleadingly.
Version 8.6.3 (03.06.2020)
- Control element: Multi-line text box >> Properties Multiline Textbox
- Freezing of variable values from a certain number of active alarms.
- Under certain circumstances, when changing properties of pipes and conveyors in the Editor, the properties of other pipes and conveyors on other pages were also changed.
- The control elements "LightButton" and "LightRoundButton" sometimes did not toggle correctly.
- Views created in a new project were not displayed immediately.
- Incorrect path for imported TwinCAT structure members.
Version 8.6.1 (15.05.2020)
- Property "ShowEditorOverlay" for HTML boxes >> Properties HtmlBox
- Property "WordWrap" for Label >> Properties Label
- Possibility to wrap the text in labels with "Shift+Enter"
- License made deactivatable. If a hardware upgrade or system change is planned (license is bound to hardware signature of a computer), the license can now be deactivated by yourself, so that it can be used on a new system. >> Editor / License information
- Error when reading Modbus UInt variables
- Error when reading S7 Date/Data_And_Time variables
- Error that caused elements to be displaced after reloading the project
- Due to obsolete C++ components in setups, an installation on Windows 10 systems from 1909 onwards was no longer possible. Setups now receive updated C++ components.
- Signature of setups adapted to support older Windows 7 systems
Version 8.5.1 (23.04.2020)
- Support of structures and multidimensional arrays for AllenBradley controllers.
- Occasional loss of connection to the server fixed (SESSION_ENDPOINT_MISMATCH)
- When clicking on an alarm with a navigation target, the target was not displayed correctly.
- Error when copying lines, which caused inserted lines to be the wrong size.
- Error when loading charts.
Version 8.4.4 (30.03.2020)
- Error with S7 controllers when using the read optimization "AUTO" which caused long reading times.
- Fixed a bug in the viewer that caused the login mask to flicker when the server was restarted.
Version 8.4.3 (25.03.2020)
Variables of the datatypes Date, DateTime, Date_And_Time, Time and TimeOfDay caused high CPU usage if no formatting was specified.
- Faulty login requests caused high CPU usage.
- Modbus string variables are only read up to the first zero byte.
Version 8.4.2 (18.03.2020)
- minor bug fixes
Version 8.4.1 (16.03.2020)
- New formatting for textboxes and labels >> Properties Textbox
- Input of textboxes can now be checked for Min/Max values aswell as regular expressions
- Onscreen keyboard for textboxes >> On screen keyboard >> Starting runtime mode
- Support of the Siemens Logo 0AB0
- Error messages for data sources in the runtime window of the editor >> Errors runtime window
- Error messages for data sources in the Runtime Manager >> Errors Runtime Manager
- Input fields of properties had lost their focus when using arrow keys.
Version 8.3.2 (24.02.20)
- Database, filesystem and TwinCAT datasources were still using the name instead of their address
- Float / Real variables of S7 datasources were faulty.
Version 8.3.1 (06.02.2020)
- Rules that are unreachable due to missing conditions are highlighted.
- Datatypes for data sources OPC, Database and Filesystem.
- The selected character set was not considered when calculating the string length for Modbus and S7 data sources
- Elements in the editor could not be moved or only with difficulty when zooming in on a page
- Control “RadialGauge” only allowed integer values
- When compression was deactivated, the runtime did not start when SVG controls were used
- MQTT topics did not allow slashes to be entered
- MQTT import caused the editor to crash when the root node was browsed
- A sub view of a page could not be used as the default view
- Variables of integer data types are now displayed with decimal places if the value was manipulated after being received from the PLC
- Apostrophes in variable names caused the crash of the rule processing during runtime
- Properties „Height“ und „Width“ didn’t update when changing the size of an element using the mouse
- Missing datatype „UByte“ added to Modbus data source
Version 8.2.7 (19.12.2019)
- General bug fixes
Version 8.2.6 (18.12.2019)
- Cannot set rules and actions
- Error that prevented QuickHMI is starting on the server operating system.
Version 8.2.5 (17.12.2019)
- Error when creating data sources with right click in the project explorer
- Bugfix --> Use of definitions in SVG controls
- Loading problems using private licenses
Version 8.2.4 (10.12.2019)
- Error starting the editor when starting with dongle
Version 8.2.3 (06.12.2019)
- The Modbus WriteFunction is configurable for coils and registers (F06/F16 or F05/F15)
- Problem opening projects saved with "Save as"
- Error loading language settings
Version 8.2.2 (02.12.2019)
- The runtime in the editor might not start if a private license was used
- Modbus master byte order "BA_DC" and "CD_AB"
Version 8.2.1 (29.11.2019)
- The KNX address 0 was not accepted
- OPC UA Problems using security mode "None" and user token "Username"
Version 8.1.2 (27.11.2019)
- Default port of the runtime for the community version is now 6063
- Default port of the runtime for the non-community versions is now 6064
- The USB dongle has led to crashes
- The name to which the license was issued was not displayed when using a USB dongle
- The RuntimeManager dont´t issue an error message when entering an incorrect password for a certificate
- The RuntimeManager ran slowly until a project was imported
- Image controls were displayed twice after creation